The U of A Career Centre is a University student service and the source for career and employment information and expertise at the University of Alberta.
We provide the essential link between those looking for work and those looking to hire, and offer services for students, alumni, faculty and staff, employers, and members of the public.
Our mission is to empower the University of Alberta’s talented people in developing the skills, knowledge, experiences and connections they seek to confidently manage their careers.
- We believe that everyone we serve has unique talents, interests and goals, and we strive to provide services that support their individual needs.
- We believe in building partnerships and collaborations that help us remain responsive to the needs of the University, employer and broader community.
- We believe in self-directed and discovery-based learning that develops career management skills and self-reliance. We also believe in engaging employers as partners in recruitment, career education and career exploration activities.
- We believe in continuous improvement through research-based practices, creativity and informed risk taking to ensure the sustainability of our services.
- We believe in a diversity of perspectives and practices that are fair, transparent, inclusive and responsible.