Spousal/Partner Employment Program
The Spousal/Partner Employment Program assists the spouses and partners of newly hired academic staff (Faculty, APO, FSO and Librarians) on continuing appointments to achieve their employment goals upon relocating to Edmonton.
If you are considering academic employment with the University of Alberta and would like more information on which to base your decision, feel free to contact the Spousal/Partner Career Advisor (please see below).
You have access to 15 hours of individual support which includes:
- Support in your work search, including assistance in researching industry and labour market information
- Advice in preparing your resume, cover letter and CV.
- Guidance in targeting and making connections with employers both on and off campus
- Interview skills training
- Guidance in career exploration and career management
You will also have access to other Career Centre services such as:
This program is designed to meet unique needs. If you require career or employment-related support that is not listed here, do not hesitate to ask.
Because so much depends on so many circumstances, we cannot make promises, nor can we forecast how long it might be until you find employment. In the end, the result will depend on both the opportunities available and on you.
For more information, or to book an appointment contact Mykhaylo Bodnar, Spousal/Partner Career Advisor at email@example.com or (780) 492-4303.