U of A Job Shadow Week
Students, postdoctoral fellows and alumni (applicants) are matched with a community-based professional (host) for a workplace visit that ranges from one to four days during Reading Week:
Tuesday, November 13 to Friday, November 17, 2017
- Learn about the day-to-day realities of a field
- Gain valuable advice and insight
- Make connections to develop your professional network
How to apply:
- Register your e-mail address here to receive a notification when applications open
- Applications for November 2017 U of A Job Shadow Week will open in October
- A list of hosts will be available for review when applications open. There are a limited number of hosts and not all applicants will be matched.
- There is no application fee. There is, however, a $25 fee for applicants who are successfully matched to a host.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Develop your personal leadership skills
- Gain supervisory experience, and self-confidence
- Provide new professionals with the support you had (or wish you had) when you first started working
How to register to be a host:
- Please e-mail email@example.com if you wish to become a job shadow host
- Registration will reopen in August 2017 for November's U of A Job Shadow Week .