U of A Staff
Did you know CAPS’ services are available to all members of the University community, including staff? We support staff considering career transitions, looking for assistance in preparing a resume or for an interview, and more. All services available to you are listed to the left. If you are interested in on-line learning, check out what we have to offer in The WORKbook.
There may be other ways CAPS can assist you.
- Do you want to hire a U of A student or graduate? Post your job with CAPS and attend a CAPS career fair. Our online job postings receive thousands of hits per week and over 6,000 students and graduates attend our annual Careers Day. Click here for more information.
- The International Student Work Study Program (ISWSP) was created to encourage University of Alberta departments to hire international undergraduate students, providing them with opportunities to gain valuable Canadian work experience and develop skills to enhance their employability. Funds are available to U of A departments to subsidize qualified positions/candidates. For more information, please visit the University of Alberta International website.
- CAPS has the expertise and staff to develop and deliver targeted presentations on a variety of career-related topics. If you want to organize an in-class presentation for students on any career-related topic, please contact Nadine Buchanan at email@example.com.
- You may be interested in some of our research (e.g. graduate surveys, employer surveys) and publications (e.g. guide to writing reference letters). Click here for more information.
- CAPS maintains an extensive library of career-related resources. You can search our library catalogue on line. Click here for more information.